Title: “babes”, “sprouts”, “babies”
Information about Item:
- Form of customary and verbal folklore
- Informant: M.N.
- Date Collected: 5/10/2020
- M.N. is a female member of the Class of 2022 at Dartmouth. She is affiliated with Greek Life, and she is from Boston.
- Cultural: These terms are used for every incoming new member of the sorority. They are used to help make incoming members easily identifiable and to also help them feel more connected with each other.
- Social: This information was collected through a video chat interview.
- Terms that refer to the incoming new members of the sorority.
Collector’s Name: Gia Kim
- Verbal folklore
- Customary folklore
- Sorority rush