Release Forms

The Folklore Collection Project

Russian 13: Vampires, Witches, and Firebirds: Introduction to Slavic Folklore

Russian Department

Dartmouth College | Hanover, NH

About the Project

The purpose of the Folklore Collection Project (hereinafter “the Project”) at Dartmouth College is to collect and record contemporary folklore both on Dartmouth campus and in the Upper Valley community.

Legal Disclosure

All participants should understand the following before sharing their stories with the Project:

1. By participating in a folklore collection interview with the Project, participants agree to donate all forms of the interview to Dartmouth College.
  2. Dartmouth College retains the right to make all forms of the interview publicly available for research.
  3. Employees and student interviewers associated with the Project are happy to answer questions, but cannot offer any legal advice. If you are concerned about issues of a legal nature, you may wish to consult an attorney.

Interview Agreement

I agree to participate in the Project by providing an interview for a folklore collection. I understand that my interview may be audio- and video-recorded, and that a text transcript of that recording may be produced. I grant Dartmouth College the right to retain all forms of my interview and make these publicly available for research. I acknowledge that as part of this availability, my interview will be published on the Internet.

I transfer all copyrights, titles, and interests associated with my interview to Dartmouth College. I release the College from any legal claims arising from the content of my interview, including but not limited to defamation, invasion of privacy, or right of publicity.

Should the collecting policies of the College evolve in such a way that my interview no longer fits within the parameters of the collections, I understand that the College may dispose of my interview in accordance with disposition policies. I acknowledge that Dartmouth College will provide me with an access to the final copy of my interview upon its completion.