Human – Dodie

Genre: singer-songwriter

Mood: “Paint me in trust, I’ll be your best friend. Call me the one, this night just can’t end.”

At this point, there is no point for me putting a mood to each song, because I don’t make sense. But I am going to do it anyway because it makes me happy.

I found this song at the beginning of summer when I was reading a book Dodie wrote about mental health called “Secrets for the Mad”. I listened to the song on youtube and read the section of the book it told me too. I thought it was nice and cute, and moved on with my life.

But then the song got released in its formal package on Spotify. At the most perfect moment.

I was on my way walking somewhere (no I am not gonna say where I don’t want to give my life away) and this song was on my release radar on Spotify. Let’s just say, I was walking on the perfectly cool, cloudy, fall day to go on an adventure. Well not really an adventure.. well kinda. And this song came on.

I decided to play it on repeat 3 times until I got to where I was going. That’s how you know it’s the perfect song for the perfect moment.

Basically, “I want to give you your grin. So tell me you can’t bear a room that I’m not in”.

That’s all.

I hope you enjoy.