I Want More – Kaleo

Genre: Folk-rock

Mood: NEW MUSIC FROM KALEO FINALLY

Kaleo has not released the song since 2016. Since then, I have been eagerly waiting for new music. The A/B album by Kaleo is one of my favorites. Now, we have two new songs and I could not be more excited. 

Eight days ago, “I Want More” and “Break my Baby” were released. I think these two songs were the perfect releases to share both the rock and folk sides to Kaleo’s music. I highly recommend listening to both. As much as I love both songs, I want to mostly focus on the song “I Want More”. 

“I Want More” is the more folk song of the two songs released. I usually praise the complexity of lyrics when I write these blogs. But with this song, the simplicity of what is being said creates a different type of beauty. 

The simple lyrics, the repetition of the words “I Want More”, and the build of this song creates this feeling of hopeful desperation. It’s obvious the song is desperate for more, but the way the song builds in this enthusiastic, upbeat way gives hope that if I keep striving for more, it will be achieved. 

Hopeful desperation, desperately hopeful: “Feel like the weight has been lifted away”. A total trust of something that is not yet fulfilled. 

I feel there is more to this song that I don’t even fully understand. All I know is that it’s beautiful, and I want you to be able to experience as much beauty in this life as possible.  

It is songs like these that keep me hopeful.  

xoxo

The Music Bean