Reasons Not To Die – Ryn Weaver

Genre: Pop

Mood: Sappy and Emotional Bean

I get extremely emotional when I listened to this song. Her voice is so rough and beautiful and versatile and the simple piano in the background makes this an extremely powerful pop ballad.

If my heart could be in one song right now, it would be here.

This song is about the people who have helped you through the best and worst time of your life. It is to the people you don’t deserve but stick by you anyways.

“Here’s to the ones / The renegades who never run / Despite all of my ranting and raging…”

The start for 2018 was the hardest time of my life. I was super broken and thought life would never be the same again. Slowly, piece by piece, I had the best people of my life slowly piece me back together.

I am the most annoying person when I rant about my life or when I talk about my heartache. I was so helpless and dependent, and I don’t know how these people got me through it. But I know these people are the ones who gave me all the reasons not to give up.

So…

Here is to Kylie who was always there for me when I cried and giving me the BEST advice. Here is to Caterina for supporting me as a roommate to get help and support me in my stupid decisions too. Here is to Vanessa Smilely for going on this walk with God together. Here is to all the girls in my Bible Course at Dartmouth College (literally all of you). Here is to Rachel Seale. Here is to my new friends who don’t even know the impact they have made on my life.

Here is to my little sister who gives me hope every day to keep going.

And finally, here is to my parents who even though annoy me sometimes (a lot), never gave up on me. Who gave me a car at Dartmouth with no questions asked about why I needed it, no questions asked about my heartache, only ever love and support.

I think I am gonna be able to love again. And that’s because of you.

So, thank you, guys. You did it.

Read Lyrics if you wanna see my heart a little more.

https://genius.com/Ryn-weaver-reasons-not-to-die-demo-lyrics