“99” – Barns Courtney

Genre: Rock / singer-songwriter

Mood: Remember when things were simple?

This is just a side note but I found out about Barns Courtney last September on my Spotify discover weekly. Golden Dandelions will forever be a great song by him, you should check it out as well.

I get so distracted while writing but probably no one reads this anyways so we good.

Anyways…

I was looking through new music that has been released, and honestly, I’m not impressed. Come on, guys! I feel like no one releases music during this time of year. It’s sad. (This is probably not true and I am just looking in the wrong places but ya know)

Then, I found this song. I automatically loved the tone and mood. And you know I love a song when it builds.

To add to that, the lyrics linked with my soul, which helped a lot.

After being a counselor for two weeks in Maine for a bunch of little kids, and being able to be a little kid myself again, I just can relate to this song a lot. Time flies so fast, but I’m gonna hold on to my youth like I am going to hold on to this song.

Also, don’t you wish people were like this? That they stayed up all night and lived like it was 1999? Go on adventures people, it’s fun I promise.

Give this jam a listen and thank you Barns Courtney for another great song.