Back to Autumn – Tall Heights

Genre: Folk

Mood: Frustrated I didn’t find this song sooner

This song is beautiful. The way it starts, and then builds, and falls again at the end makes me fall as well.

“Bring me back to autumn
Or lead me on to may
I’m not ready to take the helm
Abandoned on your dying day”

I could talk about this chorus forever. Tim HarringtonΒ &Β Paul Wright, you did a wonderful job writing this.

“Bring me back to autumn.”: I crave this time, especially being away from the seasons. I crave the smell. I crave the crisp air and cold toes. I crave the memories associated with past autumns.

“Or lead me to may”: These lyrics infer they don’t care what season, they just want to go back to when things were good. When they could be with this person.

“I’m not ready to take the helm”: I feel this. They are not ready to take the wheel, I am not ready to take charge. Obviously, they were not either.

“Abandoned on your dying day”: I am not sure who died, or what. But I want it back for them.

See what lyrics can do with a good melody and complimenting music mixed in?? It is beautiful and heartbreaking. I wish I could go back, to when life wasn’t this complicated. When autumn was beautiful, and love was kind, and hope was so full.

This song is perfect for your autumn playlist. That is why I put it as the first song on mine πŸ™‚

Give it a listen and enjoy this time of year for me.

Xoxo

The Music Bean