Novocaine – The Unlikely Candidates

Genre: Alternative Rock

Mood: Wow, finally listening to music that is upbeat

As much as I love folk music, I do listen to other genres I promise. This song, had been coming up everywhere and I thought I didn’t like it at first… but obviously, since I am writing about it, I think it is a BOP.

Usually, my advice for good upbeat songs is to listen to the song driving with all the windows down. This song is a little different. I want you to play this full volume in your room and dance. This is a dancing song. A song of expression that deserves more than just singing along. You have to dance (even if you don’t like dancing, try it).

“I CAN”T CHANGE…” that start to the chorus is just something you have to scream. Nothing drastic changes in the song, it just builds really well to the chorus. We love a good song that builds.

“I am what I am, I know what I know
I’ll let you down if you let me too close”

These lyrics I feel so hard. I mean, I don’t ever mean to disappoint people. But let’s face it, we all do at some point in our lives. The closer we get with people, the more they see out flaws, the easier to disappoint… ya know what I mean?

It’s been a sad girl summer full of statistics and uncertainty, I guess this song kinda does justice to how I feel.

Hit a girl up if you wanna have a sad girl summer together. Scream this song if you have had a sad girl summer too.

xoxo

The Music Bean