Moonfuzz: The Rock & Roll band you NEED to love

“Something to know about us, we are really passionate about what we do.” (Brandi, 2019) 

Moonfuzz wants to break the stereotype of the typical girl band and give you a rock and roll party while doing it. 

This week, I had the privilege of Facetiming with Moonfuzz and I want readers to fully invest in what these girls are doing. 

Local band from Los Angelos, CA started by Brandi (drums) and Miranda (guitar) when they were both in high school. They later introduced the main singer and bass player, Heaven, to the mix for their new self-titled album, “Moonfuzz”. 

This new album released in June was the reason I reached out to this band. I would have never guessed that the album was recorded in a house. “It was in a house, not a studio. So it was pretty hard to get really good, authentic drum tones.” Miranda emphasized in our facetime. This album was also the first time for all three of them writing, recording, and vibing together. The result, a really spot-on album. 

When asking about the most rewarding part of this album, it seemed all the trials had been worth it— “I was just so excited for people to hear it because this is who we are now.” Miranda said, “I just wanted feedback, from the public… like, what do you think?” 

“It was rewarding in general.” Brandi said later on. 

The excitement was felt for real for lead singer Heaven because it was her first time singing lead for the band, “I’ve never been the lead singer in a band prior to Moonfuzz, so it was most satisfying having full creative control of my lyrics/melodies in this album.”

A band influenced by soul, funk, classic rock and roll, is surely bound for good music that needs to be heard by all music lovers. When listening to their music, “I hope they can relate to the lyrics. Just like, if your sad, it’s okay. It’s gonna be okay…” Miranda pointed out. “And to rock on”, Heaven added later. 

I highly recommend listening to MoonFuzz’s self-titled album on either Spotify or Soundcloud. Not only do they have the music to rock the world, but also the message to do so. 

Lead singer Heaven ended the call saying this, “Show promoters often tend to push female-fronted bands towards the same bills, which is awesome but sometimes doesn’t make the most sense considering our genre’s of music are not always related. No femme bands should feel obligated to submit to female marketed events/activities… we should all just play whatever shows we want as any other band with penis’s in the scene would!” 

I think that pretty much sums it up.

I hope you give them a listen, and I hope we can all take that message to heart. 

Love, 

The Music Bean.