Jumpsuit // Nico and the Niners -Twenty One Pilots

Genre: Alternative

Mood: ?!?!?!

After a year of painfully waiting, two new Twenty One Pilots songs have arrived. I am completely shaken.

I have so many things to say about the two songs and the jumpsuit music video, but I feel I could not do the story justice. Also, there are so many theories behind the songs and the future album.

However, here is what I think about the music. The rhythm and beat in both of them are incredible, the lyrics are the bomb, and there is something about Tyler’s voice that is so unique and great. Even if you don’t know about the Dema storyline (which I suggest you do and become super invested), these songs are still about overcoming silence. Overcoming fears, and trying to live in this world. It is honestly, beautiful.

Basically. Ugh.

*inner geek bean comes out*

Dema is a city or place where the townspeople cannot leave and are controlled by the bishops. Tyler (or Clancy) is trying to escape. Nico is one of the bishops. I don’t wanna go a lot deeper than that because the rest of the story is mostly theories.

But that is what I love about these songs. The songs are legit stories that Josh and Tyler are trying to tell which we somehow can all relate to. They have created a new universe in which we can empathize with because maybe we live in a place like Dema more than we think.

Please Please Please, if you really want to be as shook as me, do your research and look up the Dema storyline which Tyler and Josh and going down. I promise you will not regret it. I love them so much. I love these songs. Goodbye + Goodnight + let me know what you think!