Brooks Hubbard Band Concert

I was supposed to write this post almost two weeks ago… oh well I’m sorry guys, summer school is kinda the worst.

Dartmouth students, listen up. Go to Skinny Pancake concerts. Seriously. The Skinny Pancake is both underrated with food and the people they bring in for performances. We ordered spinach artichoke dip and a blueberry pancrepe (not a pancake, a pancrepe) and my life was kind of complete. Sitting there eating overly bad for you food while chilling in a cool venue space is kinda the best.

Dartmouth, you have a chill, walkable spot to eat food and listen to live music. Why did I only see one other student there?

Anyways, my rant is over.

Brooks Hubbard Band stole my attention right from the start. Although they had some technical problems with the mic at the beginning Brooks Hubbard’s voice was incredible live. I was constantly entertained the entire time listening to the lyrics and tapping my foot to the music.

I can’t quite put this music in a genre. I think its Americana but it definitely had some strong country influences in there. Maybe because he lives in Nashville now… is that how it works? I think so.

The song I have linked at the bottom of the post was incredible live. In fact, I think it was one of my favorite songs I’ve heard live in such a small intimate venue. The song just echoed throughout the room and sent a shiver down everyone’s spine. I felt the room come alive with this song and particular and it was magical.

Brooks Hubbard, if you read this, your voice is mighty good. Readers, if you trust my taste in music, please listen to some of this music.

xoxo

The Music Bean