From The Morning – Nick Drake

Genre: Singer-Songwriter

Mood: Peaceful

I am back at one of my favorite places in the world, Camp. But this time, I am not a young camper but a grown counselor. They trust a 19-year-old girl to be in charge of the youngest girls cabin (hm okay).

I am listening to From The Morning by Nick Drake and I can’t help but feel like this song IS Camp. I first heard this song when I was in the car with someone who is here with me at Camp but forgot about it until I found it again months later.

This song describes my mood. I am at peace in this little cabin in the middle of the woods waiting for little 9-year-old children to come and hang out with me. This is the perfect song for this place I am in, physically and mentally.

Life is beautiful. I feel young again. I feel alive. I know it won’t last, I am only here for 12 days in Maine. But being in the moment right now. Being here with the people I love, is worth it.

I have my youth here and become a mother for a bunch of children. How can both of these things be true? I am not sure.

Anyways, after that long rant… basically give this song a listen. If you listen to this song in the right place, I promise you will love it.

If you don’t love it, go home (whether it is actually home or a place that is your home) and then listen. Places change songs. Songs change you.