I’m Glad Yer Doin’ Well. – Cottonwood Firing Squad

Mood: Happy?

Genre: Indie (kinda folkish)

When I first heard this song, I wanted to jump in my car and drive with the windows down with an iced coffee in my hand. So I did. It is one of those songs you feel like you can let go and breathe. My initial interpretation of this song was about the singer wanting someone: “I just want to see you smile… to make you proud.” Maybe one day someone will feel that way about me, because I know I have felt that way about other people. I just wanted to be the person the singer was thinking about (oh well).

But the second time I listened to this song, I released it hand a much deeper meaning. The lyrics are actually a lot darker and deeper than you would think. The lyrics start by saying time is nothing but an hourglass in Satan’s hands… like WHAT (I love good lyrics so look this up). Basically, the writer is saying his life is basically worthless, but he wants to make this person he probably loves smile, and laugh, and is happy they are doing well.

It is a heartbreaking song with a summer/happy filled beat. Give it a listen and let me know what you think!