Writing Blog Entry 3

Oral Presentation

For the oral presentation, I felt prepared to explain the subject of my final research paper, but I still was not set on what my paper was going to focus on. I was also nervous for this presentation, because I’m not comfortable talking in front of people. The day before my presentation, I made sure my WordPress contained the important details such as the About Me page, Homepage, and all the tabs that I was going to use. I tried my best not focus so much on the aesthetic part of the project because I would have taken longer to have my WordPress prepared to show the class. I included some images here and there relating to Frida Kahlo and the course in general.

Once it was time for me to present my WordPress, I felt confident to show the class what I had been working on so long. I explained my project, at that time stating that I was focusing on the main argument of how street art was important to the society of today. On my WordPress, I also included an image of my final project for my Drawing I class. I was feeling very motivated to have put Rivera’s “fantasy” technique to use. It was the mosaic style although not actual glass but pieces of paper, that reminded me of Rivera’s murals. After my presentation, I felt proud about the topic of research paper, but I still had a lot more to focus on throughout the next few weeks.