WINTER STORM IZZY!

WOOOO-WEEEEEE

I am writing this as of 3:00 PM EST on January 13th, 2022. I typically wouldn’t start blogging about a specific storm unless it’s within a few days of the event. I think the eastern half of the United States is in for quite the snow maker! We’ll get to the snow for the Upper Valley in a moment, but let’s check out some of the snowfall projections for the south. Let’s compare the models.

Here’s the GFS: (The American Model)

You can see exactly how the upper level trough will form over the U.S. Check that out!

Here’s the ECMWF snowfall projection (The European Model):

Notice the difference in the area circled in red. That’s where I’m from! Typical Region 8. We’ll see how that pans out!

Now let’s check out what the storm placement should look like for the Upper Valley! Here’s the GFS:

Here’s the EURO for comparison:

Either way, I think this will be a whopper of storm system for New England and parts of the Mid-Atlantic.

I will also be using this blog to hold myself accountable…. I am going to predict (as of 1/13) the snow measurement as of 1/17/22 at 5PM EST will be 7.2″ We’ll just have to see!

I will frequently post when new information becomes available, but this thing WILL happen! Now it’s a matter of exactly when and where. I’ll keep updating! be sure to plan accordingly.