“So we have to learn to write as if we were talking not to thousands or millions of people, but to one person; we should communicate to that archetypical listener much the way we actually talk to our friends and family. “When we speak on the air,” longtime All Things Considered host Robert Siegel says, “we are aspiring to be heard as someone who is describing the world—the stories we’ve decided to pay attention to—to someone we feel pretty close to, whose intelligence we respect, whom we like, and whom we’re helping explain things to.” Twitter, for many, seems to be a lot like “speaking on the air.” While Mervin Block wrote this instructing his audience how to write for a broadcast, I think his words are very applicable to writing for social media today. The horrific stories of child sex trafficking all around the world, but specifically in the US are those kinds of stories that I have “decided to pay attention to.” One such story which was broadcasted on Twitter on July 13, 2017, focused on the arrest of 7 people charged with sex trafficking. While the story is sobering, I noticed that it was not written in a way that would be written to one single person, but rather a very generic story clearly written to be read by thousands of people. While the post was indeed read by thousands, it would be much more impactful if focused to one person. Not only would the story feel more personal to the reader, but it would target his or her emotions much more. In a topic such as sex-trafficking, it is crucial to target people’s empathetic emotions in order to raise awareness to the issue. In no way have I mastered the art of writing to one person, such as my close friends or family. I do hope, however, that I can become better at it in order to truly target my audience’s emotions and move them to action.