During the Allen House Winter Wellness Event, students were asked about resources or activities that helped get them through a past winter term. Here are their anonymous responses! 

Text version available at the bottom.

As a reminder: MHU is also here to support students during finals and beyond. If you would like to hear more about resources on campus, you could take a look at our mental health resource list. If you would like to learn more about Peer Support, please see more information here.

What’s one resource/activity that’s helped you get through a past winter term?

• Going out with friends
  • Group cooking
  • Gym in the mornings
  • Go skiing
  • I’ve been rewatching shows that bring me comfort! Avatar the Last Airbender, Rick & Morty, Brooklyn Nine-Nine…
  • I think that keeping busy is super important. Routine and staying motivated help me not absolutely atrophy. For me specifically, I do rock climbing and focus on that sort of stuff (the stuff I enjoy).
  • My teammates and lifting
  • Grabbing meals with friends, working out, and enjoying all the little things!
  • Yoga, pilates, sun lamps
  • Vitamin D gummies
  • Dog videos
  • Friends
  • Clubs
  • Good food
  • Working out

While the Winter Term is nearly over, we want to remind you that there are many ways to make a tough time a little easier and lots of activities to help take care of yourself.

These anonymous responses were collected at Allen House’s Winter Wellness Event. Thanks to Allen House and the Student Wellness Center for partnering with us!