Title: House Gear
Information about Item:
- Form of material and customary folklore
- Informant: L.G.
- Date Collected: 5/8/2020
- L.G. is a female member of the Class of 2022 at Dartmouth. She is affiliated with Greek Life, and she is from New York.
- Cultural: The clothing represents their membership within the house. Individuals are also able to tell what term the person has joined the house depending on the house gear they are wearing because a house usually makes 2-3 new house gears every 2 terms.
- Social: This information was collected through a video chat interview.
- Members wear “house gear” to show that there are a member of that house.
Collector’s Name: Gia Kim
- Material folklore
- Customary folklore
- Sorority rush