Title: Reverse Pong
General Information about Item:
- Type of Lore: Drinking Game
- Language: English
- Country of Origin: America (Tennessee)
- Informant: Anonymous
- Date Collected: May 24, 2019
- The anonymous informant was a member of the Dartmouth Math department. They learned this drinking game during their time at Vanderbilt University.
- The informant went to a relatively typical American college – with many students going out on the weekends to fraternities to party and drink. It was at one of the fraternities, at Vanderbilt University, that the informant observed this game.
- “Two teams, with each partner standing across the table from the other. You have to bounce the ball against first the table, then your partner, and they use their chest to redirect the ball into the cups in front of them. If they bounce it in a cup, the opponent on their side has to drink.”
- “A different variant of pong that creates excitement by using one’s body as a significant part of the game”
- This is yet another variant of pong – this time using one’s own body as a sort of paddle to hit the ball with.
Collector’s Name: Michael Steel
- Ritual. Drinking Game.