- Could you tell me your full name?
- Where do you live now?
- Which is your country of origin?
- At what age did you decide to come to the United States?
- Which year was it?
Life and Family in Mexico
- What was your life like in Mexico?
- What did you work in?
- What did you do?
- Could you tell me about your family life?
- How well did you get along with your parents? How about now?
- What was your childhood like?
- What was your level of education?
- What did you study?
- Do you remember any kind of political movement in Mexico before you came here?
Migration to the United States
- When did you decide to come to the United States?
- With whom did you come?
- Why Colorado?
- Why did you decide to come to the United States?
- How did you feel when you came to the United States?
- Do you know how your family felt about you leaving?
- How did you come to the United States?
- What was your first impression of the United States?
- What did you do when you first came to the United States?
- Did you stay with family?
- What kind of challenges did you face and how did you overcome them?
- What kind of jobs did you do?
- Did you receive any kind of discrimination?
- How were you treated at work?
- Was it hard for you to find work?
Life in the United States
- How did you learn English?
- Has your impression of the United States changed during your time here?
- How has your life style changed while living here?
- How has the way in which you have been treated here now, including by your family, compare to when you first arrived?
Belonging and Transnationalism
- What have you done to keep contact with your family in Mexico?
- How did you obtain your residence?
- Where is home for you—in Mexico or here?
- Where is home for your children?
- Have you ever thought about returning to Mexico?
- What are your plans for the future?
- What kinds of hopes do you have for your children?