Concepcion Monge is an exceptional woman whose life has stretched two centuries and two countries, with many stories and memories in between. I was fortunate to talk with her and her youngest daughter on Concepcion’s 97th birthday. You can read the transcript of our conversation here. From our conversation, I was able to start constructing her history, which can further be explored in the Oral History section. To get to know a little bit more about Concepcion, please check out the More about Concepcion section. I hope you enjoy learning more about this wonderful woman.
- Cananea, Sonora
- Crossing the line- Coming to the United States
- Douglas- Childhood and Education at Salamale School
- Enduring hardship- entering the workforce and the Great Depression
- Life goes on- Life after the Great Depression
- Fast forward- Concepcion’s life since her early years.