Where’s My Love – SYML

Genre: Alternative / indie (ish)

Mood: The dark love song

First, I have fallen in love with SYML. Honestly, this music hits the soul. Each song feels like a rainstorm to me— some warm with thunder, others cool and brisk, but always rain.

SYML is actually songwriter Brian Leseney Fennel who was recently a member of the indie band, Barcelona. I am super thankful he decided to launch this solo project because we have gotten some amazing songs because of it.

Although this post only talked about “Where’s My Love” by SYML, I highly recommend checking out all of his music. I especially recommend checking out his new album. I have been driving around shuffling his Spotify for the last few days on repeat and I haven’t gotten sick of it yet!

There are a million different versions of this song. I am tied between the alternate version and the original version as my favorite. I listed them all below so you can decide.

Although the core of the song never changes, each version brings something new and different. Each version emphasizes a new instrument and also a new emotion. The lyrics, “Oooh, does she know that we bleed the same?” is so simple and yet needed to be said. There is a darkness to this song. There’s hurt to this song that I don’t even know.

SYML actually commentated on his own lyrics of the song on Genius Lyrics saying, “I know this song is seen through many different lenses. But for me, it lives as a beautifully dark love song.”

I really would like to know what this dark love song is. SYML, if you would like to share, message me and we will have a chat. If you wanna talk about any other song, let me know.

Anyways readers, I love good music. And if you like good music as well, you will give this a listen.

xoxo

The Music Bean