Final Draft of the Research Paper

During my final draft, I pieced together my research on Palo Alto with my research on San Francisco, which I focused on in my third response paper. I expanded my points and research on both and compared the two cities. 

Again, I changed my topic a little bit by shifting the focus from how the cities shape the art to who controls the art in these two cities. I believe that in Palo Alto, the art belongs to the government rather than the artist. In San Francisco, the art belongs to the original artist. 

I also added more to my essay after talking with my professor about my rough draft. He suggested I include more information about Los Tres Grandes in California and more background on mural art in California. I did more research in the two book sources I have by Drescher and Lee, which focus on the history of mural art in San Francisco. In my research paper, I added a paragraph about Rivera’s influence on mural art and about how he lead the path to more controversial art in San Francisco. I also talked about community art, which they mention in Drescher’s book, and how community art is specific and tailored towards a community whereas public art is more broad.