Appendix C: Reflection

Incorporating multi-media elements in this assignment required me to adapt my writing style.

Some of the strategies which I kept the same were the structure of my introduction and conclusion paragraphs. In my intro I offered shared context about the Hopkins Arts Center and a strong claim. As with other works this term I tried to craft my conclusion to engage in a broader academic conversation by identifying the larger significance of my analysis.

I think that the most drastic change to my writing came in presenting evidence. Instead of developing extensive paragraphs I tried to make my project body accessible to online readers my partitioning information into easily digested sections. Additionally, a lot of the evidence for my claim came from the visual aspects which I included, such as graphs or photos. For this to be effective I had to be more concise in my analysis and allow the images to make the argument.

Writing in this style was a challenge for me, but I think that learning to adapt to a more tech compatible format is very necessary.