“Who Is Lorraine?”

Our naming has definitely evolved over the years as we’ve grown more comfortable with each other and our roles in one another’s lives. Listed below is the names we have for each other and the context in which we use them.\

Mom: MJ Lorraine, when she says something funny or outrageous. Mommy, when I want to be treated like a child (ex. when I’m sick, sad or whiney). Rose, when we’re acting like friends and gossiping. Mom, in general conversation when we talk about parent things like when my flight is or if I’m allowed to go somewhere. Momma Jamma, when we’re joking around or being playful.

Dad: Jave, when we’re acting like friends and gossiping. J.V., when he says something outrageous or I’m referring to him to people who don’t know him. Daddy, when I’m being affectionate or really want something (ex. to go eat, to drive me somewhere, to listen to my story). Dad, in general, especially when we’re speaking in front of his friends. Faja, when we’re hanging out or in passing.

Jackson: Jack Jack, when we’re speaking of how *insert adjective* he is for his age. Jackie Bear, when we’re being affectionate. Jackson, when he’s with his friends or we’re cheering him on. Bobo, my mother’s nickname for him since he was young which she uses to refer to him when she treats him like a child. Little Man, another one of my mother’s nicknames for him.

Avery: Ave, when they speak of me as an adult or a fully-matured person. Avery, when they speak of me to people who don’t really know me. Badsi, my father’s nickname for me since I was young which he now uses to refer to me when he treats me like a child. Lobo, my mother’s nickname for me since I was young which she now uses to refer to me when she treats me like a child.