Writing Journal Post 4: Oral Presentations

I found the oral presentations very helpful and informative. It was interesting to not only hear about other people’s topics, but also see what they were doing with their site. Some people’s sites really blew me away, and you could tell they really had an eye for website design. Jamie’s website for example really inspired me, and it made me want to go back and edit my homepage so that it really caught the viewer at first glance.

I also learned a lot of valuable tricks to make my website easier to navigate and  look cleaner. For example, Brandon taught us how to in bed the pictures within the essay posts so the reader could easily reference the piece of art being analyzed in the particular paragraph. I also really liked the way Natalee’s home page had a repeating image of Frida in the background, and she helped me get that for my front page as well.

It was overall very interesting to hear the vast array of other topics, and see what particular interests my classmates. I could definitely see a lot of passion behind some people’s topics and I’m looking forward to seeing and reeding the final versions.